United Aikido Organisation (UAO) emerged when Mustafa Aygün started teaching Aikido in the wake of his return from Japan in 1989.
At the time not many had heard about Aikido, if not nobody at all, and what has started with only a handful of people was acknowledged by many with Mustafa Aygün teaching Aikido day-in and day-out at the most forefront gyms in İstanbul. In time, the UAO has invited many Aikido Shihans and Senseis from Europe and Japan to Turkey for seminars, who brought along a wide range of techniques. So many spearheads of Aikido coming to Turkey and the increasing number of Turkish aikidoka was noteworthy -both in and outside of Turkey- and many other schools have emerged, led by many others.
UAO enjoys a more robust organization, a stronger training curriculum, a stronger technique and more students than other schools either in Turkey or elsewhere. So much so that, although many who have left the UAO in time have established their own schools, this has never kept the UAO from establishing new schools nor has it stalled other activities of our Organisation.
UAO, led by Mustafa Aygün (6th Dan), is a big group of nearly 1500 aikidoka including five 5thDan and hundreds of active black-belt senpais. As such, the UAO continues practising Aikido with first-day enthusiasm and faith.
It is not only adults, who practice Aikido in UAO dojos but also children, under the supervision of seasoned trainers.
UAO led by Mustafa Aygün is recognized not only by the official Turkish Federation but also fully authorized by the Aikikai Foundation (the Aikido World HQ) in Tokyo, Japan, providing international recognition also of its diplomas.
UAO dojos everywhere are promptly forming into associations, taking on a legal entity. For more information on the UAO please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You and your children can train in safety at any UAO dojo.
Why choose us?
- United Aikido Organisation is an elite organization thanks to its trainers, its perspective on training, technical level, its world view and the international relations it pursues.
- Mustafa Aygün, our technical beacon, is one of the most prominent students of Kenji Kumagai Shihan, who brought Aikido to Turkey for the first time. It was for no other reason that Kumagai Shihan has invited Mustafa Aygün to Japan for special a training.
- Mustafa Aygün's discipline that he acquired during his training in Japan is cascaded to all UAO dojos, with no exception.
- All UAO trainers all over have been raised with the same philosophy no less than they are altruistic, democratic, modern individuals equipped with an intellectual view of the world.
- We are a highly-trained group.
- Cleanliness, order, good physical conditions are the keywords to define our dojos.
- In or dojos, we do not learn to fight but how to achieve spiritual advancement through rugged physical training.
- In our dojos, we have many women aikidoka, too.
- Our classes for children are advancing fast thanks to our experienced trainers.
- Then, apart from training Aikido, we are a big family. See our social activities apart from training.
- Since our foundation in 1989, we are a family enjoying companionship more than just sports.
If what you have read resonates with you, why not come and join us? You are most welcome!